Based on the proven Cost Reduction Method, this step by step guide will ensure that effective cost management becomes a day-to-day activity for you as a manager, or for managers within your organisation.
The course is designed to be easy to understand and provides a practical toolkit for managers to be able to immediately implement the learning in a business or public sector organisation.
- Managers who are responsible for expenditure and want to have a better understanding of reducing and managing costs.
- Business people who wish to increase their knowledge of cost management and the techniques for reducing costs.
- Owners and directors of SME businesses who want to run a cost reduction programme in their business.
- Managers and team leaders who wish to use the course as part of their personal development plans (PDP), or as a module in a wider management development programme.
- The course attendee will understand where cost sits in a business or organisation and what the main drivers are of costs being too high.
- They will understand the steps in a cost reduction programme, how to reduce the cost areas that they are responsible for and how to maintain an ongoing low cost base.
- The attendee will be able to implement a programme for reducing costs into their business and will have the knowledge to maintain low costs on an ongoing basis.
- The attendee will have an understanding of how to manage costs on an ongoing basis, using procurement techniques and running tenders.
- What is ‘cost’ and why is it important?
- The sources of cost in a business or organisation
- The 8 steps methodology to reducing costs
- Planning a cost reduction project
- Expenditure analysis
- Quick wins and business engagement
- Benefits realisation and ensuring that costs are driven out
- Ongoing cost management
- Procurement and tendering
Hi! I'm Tim Lawson. Thanks for being here, and for taking this important step in learning new skills via The Method Academy as part of your personal development or CPD.
I am an experienced management consultant, trainer and author. My specialisms include Cost Reduction, Project Management, Change Management and Systems Implementation.
I have over 30 years of proven commercial experience in a variety of roles including Consultancy, Software, Construction, Retail, Media & Publishing and Logistics.
I am the creator of the methodology, ‘Cost Reduction Method’, which is a step by step process for effectively reducing and managing costs in a business. Over many years the tools in the Method have helped organisations significantly reduce their costs.